Jamie and her friends Vanessa and Shannon have been training and planning for the Houston Heights 5K run for about 2-3 months and this morning it was here. Hami didn't want to be left out so we signed him up for the kids 1K run and on my quest to be like Mike I signed up for the 5K race as well.
Everyone finished and I was very proud of the girls and their times. They all finished between 33-38 minutes. Wonder if there will be more in the future for them (can't stop now). I was amazed that the winner finished in 14 minutes AND that there was six runners over 70 that all finished between 31 and 46 minutes (There's a goal Mike).
Hami was great. He was jacked up before the race and was stretching and "loosing up" on his own. About a minute before the horn sounded his nerves caught up to him and he wanted to back out. Jamie and I reminded him that he was a McMartin and that we don't quit (Jamie's favorite saying) and that whether he walked or ran he was going to cross the finish line. We all three headed out on the course and about half way through it when Hami realized that there was no one behind us BAM! He was off. Jamie and I had a hard time keeping up with him. He finished in the middle of the pack with a smile from ear to ear. It was great seeing him run through the crowd and seeing him fight through his fear and knock it out. Very fun morning. Definitely better then I was expecting.
Here are some highlights:
and they're off...
We did it!
Gettin' Ready!
Got to get loose...
On your mark...
Get set....
Go!
11K between us.
Loved this post! Great job everyone --- especially Hamilton! I love the small picture of him with his arms pumping -- he was really going hard!
ReplyDelete